At the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau (SBCTB), we pride ourselves on hosting fantastic media familiarization trips. Our staff goes to great lengths to ensure that media trips are well-organized, productive and enjoyable. When applying to be considered for a media familiarization tour, please keep in mind the following:
- Due to space limitations, not all applicants for media tours will be accepted.
- In general, SBCTB does not host spouses, pets, children or other traveling companions during media familiarization tours.
- Media tour participants are expected to take part in all scheduled activities. While tour itineraries are typically finalized months in advance, plans are subject to change due to weather conditions and other factors.
- For invited media tour participants, SBCTB is happy to cover the costs of travel, lodging (room and tax only) and meals during the tour. Participants may still be asked to provide a credit card upon hotel or B&B check-in to cover any incidental costs that may be incurred during their stay.
- Media tour participants who do not provide adequate notice of changes to travel plans may be billed for costs including but not limited to airline tickets and lodging. Please review travel dates carefully before applying for a tour.
We appreciate your interest in visiting Shreveport-Bossier and look forward to reviewing your application! If you have any questions, please contact Chris Jay, public relations and social media manager, at email@example.com or (318) 429-0658.