Top Reasons to Meet
Book your next meeting or event in Shreveport-Bossier: Louisiana’s Other Side and discover what other meeting planners already know – the destination offers great value, rewards and plenty of opportunities for fun. Some of the top reasons to meet in Shreveport and Bossier City include:
- Convenient Location – Shreveport and Bossier City are conveniently located in the northwest corner of the Louisiana where I-20 and I-49 converge.
- Accommodations –There are nearly 11,000 hotel rooms in the market.
- Flexible Venues – There are eight large meeting venues, including the state-of-the-art, 350,000-square-foot Shreveport Convention Center.
- Incentives – Ask about the Rewards Program that offers cash back to meeting planners and third party partners based upon hotel rooms used.
- Shopping –The Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets is a one-stop shop for clothes, dining, and entertainment. Other great shopping hot spots include the Agora Borealis; Shoppes at Bellemead; Line Avenue, a five-mile stretch of boutique shops and restaurants; local malls and more.
- Entertainment – There are more than three dozen attractions, seven casinos, more than 55 festivals and annual events, and 500 local restaurants. There is a vibrant late night entertainment scene, too.
- Group Experiences – Groups of 10 or more looking for something fun can now choose from any of several local experiences to immerse themselves in the unique culture of Shreveport and Bossier. From roses and wine to music and science, groups can embark on a fun journey.
- Cuisine – Incorporate some of the area’s most celebrated bites such as the Shrimp Buster, Muffy, strawberry ice box pie, and more. Download the Eat Here: A Food Lover’s Guide to Shreveport-Bossier.
- Craft Beer – Great Raft Brewing and Flying Heart Brewing both offer local craft beers and public tasting room and are ideal for small off-site events.
- Year-round Festivals – Popular festivals include Mardi Gras, Mudbug Madness Festival, Let the Good Times Roll Festival, Red River Revel Arts Festival, and the Louisiana Film and Music Prize.