Do you have small children and aren’t sure where to take them for fun? Don’t fret. The month-long campaign, Be a Fan of Shreveport-Bossier, offers tremendous savings and options that encourage the little ones to explore their curious side.
Here are five of the best money-saving deals to put a big smile on your little ones face that don’t break the bank.
- Jubilee Zoo is a little off the beaten path, but well worth the visit. Kiddos will enjoy touring the zoo on a hayride, riding the carousel and petting and feeding the animals. Adults and kids can enjoy 20 percent off admission during the entire month of May.
- Splash Kingdom Water Park, which opens Memorial Day weekend, offers two kid’s areas, lazy river and wave pool. For the entire month of May, you can take advantage of the Be a Fan of Shreveport-Bossier offer by getting $6 off general admission. Discounted tickets purchased in May will be redeemable all summer long.
- Sci-port Discovery Center is now fully open and has new exhibits. Every Friday in May, locals get in for $10. That includes one general admission and one IMAX ticket. Visitors, who show an out-of-state driver’s license get in for $5.
- Touch stingrays, travel through brightly colored coral reefs, and dark ocean caves to emerge in a world of wonder at the Shreveport Aquarium. From May 1 to May 15, admission is $9 for kids and adults Wednesday to Friday.
- Bird Day celebrates the return of migratory birds, Saturday, May 4, at the Red River National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center. The free event will be filled with crafts and educational activities.