This historic mansion was originally a private home. In 1951, the family leased the house and it was remodeled and opened as a private supper club, "The Florentine Club." The upper-class establishment featured entertainment by nationally known performers, such as Perry Como, pianists Ferrante and Teicher, Big Band orchestras (notably Jan Garber, of Shreveport) and many others. Among the famous that patronized The Florentine were John Wayne, Bette Davis, Doris Day, William Holden, Ethel Merman, just to name a few. The Florentine operated until 1960, closing due to financial troubles.
The house went through numerous reincarnations, and began a series of owners until 2011, when it was purchased by John and Debbie Bryant of Shreveport. The Bryants conduct tours of the home.