Shreveport-Bossier COVID-19 update: Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards has instituted a gradual reopening of many businesses with occupancy restrictions, enhanced sanitation, social distancing, personal protection equipment and other appropriate protection measures necessary to protect the health and safety of the people in Louisiana. Although many businesses have been approved for limited reopening, some nonessential businesses will remain closed to the public. Before you visit a business, please call to confirm that they are open, and to find out what restrictions are being enforced.
We will not share your information with anyone without your permission. This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau as it relates to www.Shreveport-Bossier.org, www.SBFunGuide.com, www.BoomOrBustByway.com and others.
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
The Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau provides visitor information to a variety of inquirers. Information is provided in many ways including in person at a visitor center, on the telephone, through postal mail or through electronic transmission, and personal data might be collected to facilitate providing the visitor information.
The Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau owns and operates websites, subdomains and mobile apps (“Sites and Services”) that we use to disseminate visitor information to travelers interested in visiting Shreveport and Bossier City, Louisiana, and Caddo and Bossier parishes in northwest Louisiana. The Bureau also provides information and maintains communication with visitors as well as a variety of industry contacts including but not limited to local hospitality industry partners, service providers, group contacts, meeting planners, sports event organizers, media, event planners, elected officials, community supporters and more. Information is provided in many ways including in person at a visitor center, offsite meetings, on the telephone, through postal mail or through electronic transmission including our websites, mobile apps, fax, and text message. Personal data including name, address, email address, telephone numbers, visitor interests, etc. might be collected to facilitate the communication and provision of information.
Privacy and data protection are of the utmost importance as bureau staff collect, use and process the personal information associated with these visitors, industry contacts, and others.
1. Information We Collect on Our Own Behalf.
(a) Our Service: We may collect personally identifiable information about you, such as your full name, address, phone number, email address, or similar, when you request information, submit a request for proposal, subscribe to a newsletter, enter a contest, register for an account, etc. If you choose to purchase a product from us, we or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information. When you use the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau Sites or Services, we may receive certain information about you as described below. We send informational emails, promotional emails, hospitality industry-related emails, service-related emails related to your account among others. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may opt-out of them by unsubscribing or by notifying us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain personal data we process for as long as needed to provide our services, to compile reports using aggregated data or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
2. How We Use Your Information.
(a) We use the information that we collect to operate and maintain our Sites and Services and to respond to your requests, questions and concerns.
(b) If you have given your consent, we use the information that we collect to send you marketing communications in our newsletter.
3. How We Share Your Information.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Sites and Services and those of our partners. Such results consist solely of non-personally identifiable information. If you choose to publish such results on our Sites or Services, you understand and agree that this information, along with any personally identifiable information you choose to make available in connection with such results, will be made publicly available. By publishing your results on our Sites or Services, you agree that you have obtained all necessary consents to make such information public and that doing so will not violate any laws. If you remove information that you have made public on our Sites or Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or if other users have copied or saved that information. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
(c) Instances Where We Are Required To Share Your Information: The Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites and Services; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau, our users or others.
(d) Testimonials: We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Sites and Services in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the form at https://www.shreveport-bossier.org/privacy-policy/requests/.
4. Storage and Processing. Your information collected through the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau Sites and Services may be stored and processed in the United States, Europe, or any other country in which the Bureau or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. The Bureau may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
5. How We Protect Your Information. The Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Bureau or guarantee that your information on the Bureau Sites and Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as log in credentials) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us using the form at https://www.shreveport-bossier.org/privacy-policy/requests/. We use an outside help platform, and a credit card processing company to bill you if you purchase services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
6. GDPR. Please review our page at https://www.shreveport-bossier.org/privacy-policy/requests/ to learn more about our approach to GDPR.
7. Compromise of Personal Information. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
9. Our Retention of Your Information.
(a) If you have an account with the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
(b) If you are a visitor to the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau Sites or Services, we will retain your information for as long as necessary but no longer than 50 months after your last visit to our Sites or Services.
10. Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, the Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the form on our page at https://www.shreveport-bossier.org/privacy-policy/requests/.